Tuesday, November 13, 2018

J & G wedding quilt

Once upon a time... (i always wanted to started a post with that..!), well, after Julie told me to save the date for her wedding, i started to think what would be the perfect gift, i should let you know that i totally refuse to give as a present any of my paintings, just for very and merely personal reason... you may remember that some year ago or so i gave to one of my friends a baby quilt for of course, their first baby... (i finished that quilt the right day of the baby shower!).. so i though myself not to do the same thing and being in hurry sewing and quilting days before the wedding! so i started the quilt in all Easter week and my vacations... it really was vacations even when it seems like not, but sewing can be soooo relaxing (if you are not in pressure...), so i didn't use any pattern, i like to do a free design and choosing colors by my own preference of colors and schemes... i thought that i'll finish it in August but then i barely had time to sew... darn... i had everything, the fabric, the bias tape with a gorgeous color, the lining... except the time... duh! so after a very awful flu, a very stressful days working on my workshop and test, and else, i finish the quilt the same day of the wedding haaaahaha i know... i'm a case!
But they totally love it! can't express myself and tell you guys the feeling of making something to someone you love, i mean, is quite different, i love and i adore to paint but the sensation of making both is really different...
If another of my friends invite me to their wedding, i may do another quilt... or should i learn to knit and make a granny square blanket or so? dunno, for sure give love materialized in a quilt or a painting or a blanket or whatever handmade is, for sure is something totally made with love




No comments: